Category: verizon support
This blog will help you provide with all kinds of necessary requirements and instructions that are needed for Verizon FiOS self-installation. But before you begin the process, you will be required to disconnect all existing TV equipment that is available in your home. The items that you will need for the installation process are FiOS router and power cord, cables and connectors, the router model which you had received and digital adaptor and a cable card. You can read the step by step instructions for the self-installation process. Since this is a bit of a complex process, so it is advised that you take the help of Verizon Technical Support whenever the need arises.
Step 1- Setting up the FiOS Router
· Connect the Coax cable to the FiOS router to a power plug.
· If you are using the Wired Internet setup, then connect the Ethernet cable from the router to the computer.
· The light will turn on and will be white once activated. This process will take up to 5-6 minutes.
· If you have a wireless router, then look for the Wi-Fi label under the Wireless network name and Wireless password.
· Select the network name and password when prompted for connection.
Step 2- Configuring the video media server setup
It is recommended that this server setup is configured to your house main television.
· Connect the coax cable to the video media server.
· Then connect the HDMI cable to your television port.
· And after that connect the power cord from the video media server to the power supply.
· Now switch on the video media server and then the TV. Now follow the instructions as guided on the television using the FiOS remote.
Step 3- Doing the media client setup
It is a step which is preferred and needs to be done with HDMI cable.
· Firstly, connect the coax cable to the media client.
· Now connect the HDMI cable to the television.
· Lastly, connect the power cord to the main supply.
· Firstly make sure that the media server setup has been installed, then move to this step.
Step 4- Digital adaptor and cable card setup
· Follow the same steps for connecting the digital adaptor to your television.
· To activate it, switch on the button on the digital adaptor by pressing the set-top box button on the remote control.
· Switch on the television and with the help of FiOS remote, tune in to channel 3.
For installing the cable card and configuring its setup, get in touch with the Verizon Customer Service Number
and reach out for their help. The experts will assist you in the process making sure that the self-installation process is complete.
Read More - Verizon Contact Number
Source URL: Verizon FiOS Self-Installation
Posted in: verizon support | 0 comments » |